Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Not That Easy

70.4kg this morning. Bummer. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed. Yesterday was a great day. I was within my allowed calorie intake AND I did a workout during my lunch break (gym, elliptical and treadmill). This is the first time since the start of the weight loss journey that I did not lose anything after such a great day. I was sooo anxious to get below 70kg too.

I can think of two things that might be the problem:
1. Once more, I'm a bit constipated. I haven't done a good number two in a few days now. I'm praying it happens today because I am becoming uncomfortable.
2. For dinner we had risotto yesterday. I had only a small portion, but there's a lot of fat and salt in there.

Anyway I know weight can fluctuate from day to day so I'm not going to let this derail me. I'm sticking to the plan. For today that's to drink a LOT of water and hope I can eliminate some of that shitty weight. I will see that 6 in front of my weight sometime this week, this I tell you now!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I was reading through my posts so far. Somehow I make it seem so easy, this weight loss thing. Well, it's not actually. And I'm not just saying this because I've had a disappointing weigh in this morning.

I have said no to a lot of food items that I would have eaten and enjoyed otherwise. To name a few:
- Easter chocolate in all shapes and sizes,
- pie with raspberries,
- an appel cake that looked extremely moist and delicious,
- ice cream,
- a chilled glass of rosé on a hot day,
- potato chips - which I LOVE,
- beer,
- cookies at the coffee machine at work, twice a day on every workday,
- rhubarb pie with mascarpone cream on the side.

Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard. Oftentimes I do want that treat but I decide it's just not worth it. Don't get me wrong; I say yes occasionnally, but more often I decide against it. Saying no to food is not becoming easier over time, either. I hoped that it would, but no not the case, unfortunately. Those chocolate eggs look just as yummy to me now as they did a month ago.



The exercise part is not a breeze either. There are times that I just want to fold on the couch and stay there for an entire evening instead of lacing up the running shoes. Luckily though, this part is getting easier. I do look forward to the workouts and running longer distances is becoming a very satisfying activity. That's probably because my physical condition is improving and I've lost some weight. The weather is also improving and it's light outside for a longer time. Side note: While at the gym yesterday, I did this "fitness test" that was available on the treadmill. It makes you run for a while and then measures your heartrate. You know what the machine said? Apparently I'm "elite". It made me laugh a little bit because it's definitely far too optimistic, but I'll take it as a sign that I'm on the right track.



So to sum up: It's not easy. But it is rewarding and I am determined to keep it up and meet my weight loss goal. I'm an optimistic person anyway and I don't dwell on the downsides of things. That's why most of this blog is so upbeat. Let's keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment