Monday, September 9, 2013

Plan of attack evaluation

OK, weekend is over and it was great. I had a good time, so let's see how I did food-wise...

Alcohol
- Original Plan: This is the thing I will choose to indulge in. The plan is to have two glasses maximum and that's it. Just enough to get a taste, but not enough to get hammered.
- Evaluation: Succes! I did not have more than two glasses of alcohol with dinner, both on Friday and Saturday. They were delicious, by the way. I was never even so much as buzzed.

Bread
- Original Plan: Stay away from it! It just fills me up and I don't get to enjoy the other food as much. And off course it comes with the best butter, full of saturated fats and salt. Steering clear of that.
- Evaluation: Success! I did not have any bread during dinner. I didn't even really miss it. I am very proud of myself, because reaching for the bread basket is just such a habit. I did have one roll at lunch on Sunday,  but that was mainly because the dish I had ordered was very small and I needed something to sustain myself.

Starter
- Original Plan: Go for the veggie option, like a soup or a salad. To get my vitamins in and go easy on my stomach.
- Evaluation: No succes. I had some salmon sushi on the first day. It was a pretty small portion so I can't feel too bad about that. On the second day I had a veggie starter, so yay!

Main course
- Original Plan: No big slab of red meat. I'll look for fish or seafood. No french fries, which is my Achilles' heel. I'll also try to stay away from the pasta dishes that I usually love. But if there's something really nice on offer like home made ravioli, I might just go for that. It'll depend.
- Evaluation: No succes. The first day I had the duck and the second day I had a kangooroo steak. But to be honest the portion sizes were tiny and we had busy days, so I feel OK about my choices. I needed the energy. I doidn't touch any french fries at all, so I pat myself on the back for that.

Dessert
- Original Plan: Skip this and have a coffee instead. If I can't get out of it, try something low-cal like fruit or sorbet.
- Evaluation: Half success. On the first day I had pineapple carpaccio with sorbet. It was yummy! The second day however I had the most delicious trio of chocolate. I should feel guilty about this but it's difficult because I enjoyed every mouthful. It was rich and divine. I still didn't overeat at all, but it was a bit over the top. Bad points for me.

All in all I think I did pretty good. I never overate at all, the portion sizes were too tiny for that. I could have done better by skipping the chocolate dessert, I have to admit though it was too good to feel guilty about. Keeping in mind that I want this diet to be a lifestyle change and not a straight jacket. Indulgences like this will happen, I just need to be careful not to have them every day. I am happy I devised this plan and at least tried to stick with it. It made me mindful not to eat blindly, like with the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment