Friday, August 30, 2013

Favourite low points food

I know I posted that I wouldn't share too much about how many WW points I am eating, but I feel like I should be able to talk a little bit about some diet foods that I enjoy eating. Therefore here is a post about my favorite low WW points food.

Oatmeal
I ate it a few times as a kid and really enjoyed it back then. Somehow I forgot about it during my adult years. Then after MiniMe's birth I read something about oatmeal boosting breastmilk supply, so I went ahead and reacquainted myself. I make it really easy for myself: I put about 30g in a bowl, pour over 150ml milk (semi skimmed), heat it in the microwave and as the finishing touch I add a tablespoon of honey. It tastes quite nice and gives a full feeling for a few hours until I have my mid morning snack. I'm also giving it to MiniMe every morning and she's loving it. In the past few years I've read a lot of good things about oatmeal: lowers bad cholesterol, high in fiber, good for blood pressure. Superfood all the way


Cottage Cheese
A lot of people hate this stuff, but I strongly disagree. Cheese is a great source of calcium, something us ladies need to make sure we get enough of. But most cheeses are also very fatty. Cottage cheese is a great way of getting that calcium in and enjoying the cheese flavor without the fat content. I can have a 200g portion of cottage cheese for lunch and be satisfied. It's perfect! To top it off the flavor is enhanced when cucumber and cherry tomatoes are added. Win - win - win!! I don't eat it daily though because it is pretty expensive, or at least the brand I like is. I'd say I have one every weekend and enjoy every mouthful.


Fruit
This speaks for itself. Apples, pears, peaches, bananas, mango, pineapple, strawberries keep 'em coming! They are my standard snack foods. I eat at least three pieces of fruit each day, that's a habit I started during my first pregnancy and I have been able to keep it up afterwards. Both my children are also fruit lovers so after grocery shopping our refrigerator is always stuffed. It's sometimes a bit tedious to prepare them in the morning (some fruit like mango or pineapple must be sliced up beforehand), but all that effort is well worth it.


Soup
I know a lot of people who only eat soup during winter when it's cold out. But I can have it all year long. It's such an easy and efficient way to get your veggie intake. Plus children love soup, that way everyone's happy.


Coca Cola Zero
Before there was Zero, I used to drink Diet Coke, which was OK but not great. When Coke Zero became popular it was like a whole new world opened up to me. This shit tastes amazing! I don't have one each day, as fizzy caffeinated beverages have their disadvantages. On average I think I have one every other day. Certainly my favorite non alcoholic drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment